Hello.
Well, I’m trying again. I’m trying to write a blog. I’m told that this is the best way to get people to read your books. Sorry, I don’t mean your books. I mean my books. But it's more than that. I believe it's sharing thoughts and trying to make sense of a funny world.
The word blog makes me think of a frog in a bog. It makes me think of spring when you walk by a bog, and you hear hundreds of chorusing frogs. Sorry, I mean when I walk by a bog and hear all that racket. It’s not chorusing at all, really. Chorusing implies a heavenly choir of angelic voices. Frogs croak. I guess that is an apt image for all of us bloggers. Here were all are sitting in our earthly bog, blogging. I am reminded of Emily Dickinson:
I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us — don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us — don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.
How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!


Hi Amy:
ReplyDeleteMichael Hearn forwarded your blog link to me. I remember you from Bard! I write a weekly blog about yoga and aromatherapy on www.spiritvoyage.com. Am in touch with Deb Felder through FB...Nice to see you here!
Hi Amy:
ReplyDeleteMichael Hearn forwarded your blog link to me. I remember you from Bard! I write a weekly blog about yoga and aromatherapy on www.spiritvoyage.com. Am in touch with Deb Felder through FB...Nice to see you here!
Ribbit. Ribbit. Croak. Looking forward to hearing from you, via boggy blog, more often Amy.
ReplyDeleteLovely. I'm looking forward to actual peepers telling me it's spring, but love hearing from you in the meanwhile. Hoping for more!
ReplyDeleteKeep blogging Amy! I love the way you see our funny world and want to hear more.
ReplyDelete