Here is my grandmother (Ooma) with A.A. Milne. I have no idea what the circumstances were, nor the story of their friends in the foreground.
My grandmother initially found radio very disorienting and alienating.
She said, "There's no audience, no people...I think a stage person always needs that relationship between an audience and an artist...There was this tiny round thing in front of me. I said, "But nothing will happen. Don't tell me that I sing into this thing and then it goes out and someone hears it. He laughed at me. He said, "Of course you will be heard by more people than you realize."
...the thrill that thousands of miles away your voice was being heard is something that is to this day indescribable to me...
THIS FEELS A LOT LIKE A DESCRIPTION OF BLOGGING TO ME..
(For a full copy of the interview: http://chnm.gmu.edu/courses/hist409/radio/gordon.html
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment